Welcome to HBCU Bridge!
HBCU Bridge, a joint effort between the Sports Video Group (SVG) and YoSy Media, is designed to connect the sports production and technology community with HBCU (Historically Black College and University) students or recent graduates, providing unique career and educational opportunities.
At the core of HBCU Bridge are HBCU Bridge Commitments, which are made by media organizations, leagues, teams, and technology service providers. The Commitment begins with the application submission process, explaining the opportunity for the student (or recent graduate), including details like timeframe, commitment, compensation, and location.
HBCU Bridge helps SVG member and sponsor organizations find students or recent graduates who are ideal fits for a given position. Rather than having to sort through dozens or hundreds of applications from interested students, the HBCU Bridge team will contact school administration officials to find the best qualified candidates for a given position.
Examples of Bridge Connection proposals include:
- The opportunity to go behind-the-scenes of a professional sports production for a day, weekend, or even multiple weeks or weekends.
- Apprentice programs designed to give recent graduates a fast-track to a career in sports production.
- Internship positions that allow a student to better understand the opportunities in sports production.
- Part-time or full-time production positions for recent graduates.
Commitment applications are accepted during specific months to ensure that the HBCU Bridge team has enough time to find and interview qualified candidates for the position and opportunity. Please note: Commitments do not need to be for the entire semester and can be as short as a single event or extend over specific days/weeks.
The 2022 and 2023 application windows are as follows:
- September 7 – October 3, 2022: Commitment applications accepted for the Fall semester
- October 7, 2022: Notification of approved Commitments
- November 14 – December 2, 2022: Commitment applications accepted for the Spring semester
- December 9, 2022: Notification of approved Commitments
Once Commitment applications are received, the HBCU Bridge team will evaluate the applications and approve three so as to ensure there is enough time to find qualified candidates. Applications will be evaluated on a number of factors including:
- Length of commitment
- Amount of compensation to qualified applicants
- Number of students who can be involved
For more information or questions, please contact Ken Kerschbaumer via email at [email protected]